Monday, November 22, 2010

Stomach Pains and STRESS!

I need to just write out my feelings tonight because I've been holding in my fears and stress all day and now I'm suffering the effects of my day!  For those who don't know, our youngest was born with pulmonary stinosis and had to have his heart checked regularly when he was an infant.  We moved back down here and haven't seen a heart doctor for almost 3 years now. Now, don't think we're bad parents, we just have been so busy and he's so hyper and wild and my work would never give me the time off to go to the doctor, so it was hard to make an appointment and even find a doctor since it's all with referrals. 

In the back of my mind and in my heart, these past 2 years I have felt impressed that I needed to take him in and get it checked again to see how it is growing.  Today was our appointment and he needs the surgery to balloon the valve.  The doctor said it can't wait and needs to be done soon.  This surgery is a quick in and out the same day, but I'm still scared.  I'm glad I finally went in though, because now we're back on track with his heart.

The thing that is stressing me out more than the surgery is the fact that he may need more of these in the future and possibly open heart surgery.  I shouldn't stress so much because it's ultimately in the Lord's hands, but it is still hard.  I'm a mom, what can I say?

After typing this entry, my stomach feels a little better....hmmm.  Tell me this face isn't the cutest ever!








He's such a cutie...I love my bubby!  Anyway, he's a crazy, wild, funny kid and he'll get through this...I'm the one stressing more then necessary.  Keep us in your prayers? 

I know it's been a whole month since my last post, but school and kids and life have been crazy....it's bound to calm down....right?  :)

6 comments:

  1. That is the not so fun part of being a mom huh.... we WORRY so much about our little ones. I am the exact same way as you. Good luck with it all and hope that it flies by without too much more stress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never fun to send them to surgery- I am really hoping I don't have to do it again. I will be thinking of you and let me know if you need help with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you are stressed! I am so sorry to read your lovely cutie one has to have an operation. It is never nice but if necessary it has to be. Being a mum is fun but sometimes not so fun too, but as mums we are all there for our children, as you are. Don't forget all your friends are there for you too and hold you in their prayers. I will pray for strength for you and your family. I am sure it will be all over before you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little guy! I know he will do well, he's so strong! That face is the cutest!! ;-) You know if you need anything, I'm so here for you! Luv ya lots!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that was me. Might be nice if I spelled your name right. That is why I deleted it. So let's try this again. "Love ya Nichol" Ha got it. Now you and your family have a wonderful blessed thanksgiving. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...