Monday, April 26, 2010

Hard at work with Spring Cleaning today

So, I just had to get my house cleaned today....it was so gross.  Boys are well, gross.  I don't understand it.  But....I just couldn't stand it any longer.  So, I spent 5 hours on my downstairs alone.  I know, 5 HOURS??  My downstairs isn't that big!  Let me tell you, I didn't do the typical cleaning...I was on the floor scrubbing base boards, wiping walls....(boys are gross) no details necessary.  Than, my baby and I moved all the toys, big cumfy pillow and books under the stairs so that the living area could be free of well, crap!  So, I think I can breathe!  Here are the after shots of my downstairs.....

the lovely hideaway for the kids to play in:


(nice posing there!  ha ha ha)

Next, ahhhhhhh a clean room....for a minute anyway. 



Carpets are not only vacuumed but shampooed too!  I actually need to go over them again.  I'll do more tomorrow.  That foosball table is going soon...I'm sick of it in my way. 



I still have the tables sitting in there from quilting....I am a slacker.  Well, this carpet was also vacuumed and shampooed.  I love it!  At least it smells better....on top of Mr. Clean (which I love the smell of) I had a yummy Pomegranete candle burning all day!  Too bad it was 87 degrees today...I would've opened the windows!  Oh well.  Until tomorrow....we can at least enjoy the downstairs.....

Man, now I have all the laundry to fold that I washed today!  UGH! Wish me luck~!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, good job!! I love a clean house!! Too bad it never last very long. That's why I take a day each week though because then it doesn't take me so long and it's so much easier to keep on top of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job!! Want to come to my house. What is it with boys not knowing how to pick up after themselves. Isn't it great when it is all done. I like to clean at night so I can enjoy it for a little while before the kids wake up and we start the cycle over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! It looks awesome! Spring is a great time for motivation :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...