Monday, September 20, 2010

Some Self Reflecting....





I love my family.  I have been struggling with some stuff lately and I have decided to go with what I feel is best.  C is back in school...now, let me explain the reflecting part.....

T is our oldest, severely autistic and mentally handicapped.  I never had plans to homeschool ANY of my children, didn't even cross my mind....ever!  I've been feeling pretty bad lately for wanting to send my son back to school, until I had an epihany yesterday.  I realized that I have been trying to over compensate for what I have "lost" or will never have with T.  Gosh, how bad does that sound?  I think because I will NEVER be able to teach T how to read, write or do most things, I went overboard with C and I saw that trend happening with N.  So, after a lot of self-reflecting, prayer and serious thought, I realized I need to just LET IT GO. 

So, here I am....leaving to take my boy to school.....he and his friends are pretty stinken excited to be together again.  And I have some one on one with my youngest....until he goes off to Kindergarten next fall. 

That being said.....I'm trying to improve and not be so demanding.  But I still expect excellant grades!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Ah, sweetheart, you're so hard on yourself sometimes. I'm glad you've broken through the clouds a little and can enjoy your time with your little 'un. You're a GREAT Mom and CJ sounds like he's delighted to be back at school!

    (and remember, being a bit selfish sometimes is NOT a crime! You're allowed some YOU time and to wallow and to feel sorry for yourself. It. Is. Normal. Love ya!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Lynz said... couldn't have said it better! Hugz xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, in a way, your post reminds me so much of my post today. Thanks for sharing your heart. Can't wait to check out some of your quilting projects too. New follower :)

    www.transparenciesofmotherhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...