it was still simmering when i took this picture, but oh my goodness! i have never made chicken and dumplings before but i had to try out Dena's recipe....it was fabulous and a hit! the whole family was silent during dinner...a sure sign of a good meal. i doubled her lovely recipe so that my husband could have some for lunch tomorrow. next up, her oatmeal pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. thanks Dena!
RECIPE UPDATE:
Chicken and Dumplings by Dena Wayne
In Dutch oven sauté
½ cup of onion, carrot, celery each until tender
Add spices next whatever you like
I do – Italian seasoning, thyme, rosemary about a teaspoon each but really who measures
Next put in your chicken broth – I like a lot- the recipe calls for I box- I use I and a half
Put in your cooked chicken and add a half a cup of apple cider ( I bought a cooked bird at the market and shredded the meat) LAZY
Simmer for 15 minutes
While that is simmering mix your dumplings
I use bisquick (recipe is on the back for dumplings) but I add parsley and parm cheese
Plop those in by the tablespoon and cook on a covered simmer for 20 minutes- no peaking
looks grat! wheres the recipeeeeeeee
ReplyDelete