Well, here we are at the end of February (almost)!! I have to say that I really enjoy homeschool. This week we've been reading about the American Revolution and how it came about in the first place. We read many stories and the one that has really hit me was The Boston Masacre. It was an unfortunate event, but was probably necessary for the road to independance. Our founders and the all the first "Americans" were great people and I really believe they were guided by the Lord in their efforts. Ours is truely a Nation of Nations. We must teach our children good principles and help them to be strong, because our Nations future is in their hands! Sorry to be on my soap box!
These books are called "American History Stories......You Never Read in School....but should have" They are photo-reproduction of an original history book used in 1889. So, in my opinion, they are REALLY accuarate. I was reading to CJ and became emotional. He understood that these stories are real and these people really did these things that are written. I love America and I am so glad that I can teach it's history to my children. (If you are interested in these books go to http://www.ldfr.com/ and type in History....both books are only $14.95 total!~well worth it)
Just a small plug for a very important subject! The HISTORY of the United States. Anyway, I'll get back with another post soon.....it's just been busy and crazy around here lately. Jared will be done with his classes in July for his Masters and then we have his student teaching.....as to why he district won't accept last year and this year is beyond me...but anywho...he should be completely done by December!!! That is very exciting news!
I decided to look at my working as a more positive issue....I have tons of opportunities to share my testimony and the Gospel. I love doing missionary work.....I really miss the work I did on my mission. I can't wait until Jared and I can go on another mission! Seriously, I'm counting the years. :) Anyway, 2 books of Mormon given this last week. I am so excited!
Well, I have to get back to our daily school before I jet off to work! I'll post again soon!
That's what we were focused on all last year and I did the same thing, my kids were always asking why are you crying. I am going to buy those books thanks for the link. I too have been having this push to share the gospel lately and am jealous Joe gets more opportunities with work. I've been feeling a lot of the same promptings as you lately. Wish we could both be back in UT together. BTW I love the haircut, been thinking of going short myself.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing to home school and work. Where do you work? The story of our nation always makes me cry and my kids are just starting to understand. I was in Boston in December, saw the place where the Declaration of Independance was read for the first time. Amazing. How do you decide on curriculum for Taylor? And if you ever have a girl, I'll help you paint pink:)
ReplyDelete