Saturday, July 31, 2010

Surfer's Healing!

We took T to California this week.  He went to Surfer's Healing Surf Camp for children with Autism.  He absolutely had the best time of his life!  I have seen pictures and heard about this from my friends...but after experiencing it first hand....I am now a believer!  T sat out on the surf board and just was so calm and content.  It was so amazing to watch.  I borrowed my brothers DSLR with the telephoto lens so I could capture it!  This is what I saw. 

And here ..... his happy hands!  He was in heaven!


You can see the pure joy in his face here.


Just loving it!


I couldn't believe how calm he was...he laid there and didn't try getting off the board!  It was amazing!


T does this in all water...pool, bathtub..he loves to be submerged!


This is my favorite picture!  He was in his realm!


Thank you for sharing this moment with us!  This was really worth the trip to San Diego and we will do it again! These surfer's are so amazing and have been doing this for I think 10 years.  They were so patient and kind.  They were enjoying themselves too!

3 comments:

  1. How awesome for you guys!

    I love the look on his face, what priceless memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! YOU HAVE TO PRINT THAT BIG AND PUT IT IN HIS ROOM! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me so happy just to see these and know how in awe you must have been. It must have been the most wonderful feeling watching this happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome program!! He looks like he loved every minute of it!! How great for him... and you guys... to get to experience that!
    BTW... I didn't know you had this cute blog... I will have to start following it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...