Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm smiling so big right now!


You know, I wasn't sure if this would really work.  Let me tell you.  Anyone who knows us would know how Taylor has a gift for music.  He has perfect pitch and only has to hear a song once for it to stick...permanently.   In fact, I really want to find some sort of music therapy for him.  I believe that through music we can reach him in different ways.  So, that being said....we bought him a small, simple (and inexpensive) MP3 player to test out the waters.  I spent a few hours trying to figure it out and downloaded music for him.  Personally, I'm an iPod gal...I am not changing.  However, for this purpose, I wasn't about to spend that kind of money on the experiment.  

Okay, getting back to the story.....I gave it to him last night before bed and he actually listened to it.  He really enjoyed it.  He and I laid on my floor and listened to music for about 10 minutes.  As soon as my hubby came home he ripped it off his head.  (oh geez)  But, I did manage to snap a few shots of him before that happened.  Just wanted to share my 13 year old doing a 13 year old activity!  It's really exciting!  :) 

He has the earphones it came with in his hands.
Taylor listening to his MP3 Player!

2 comments:

  1. I hope Taylor listens to his MP3 player lots and it helps him find a different way to express himself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joci goes to bed with music in her room. She especially likes Broadway tunes and disney music. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...