Sunday, January 2, 2011

I am the luckiest person ever!!!!

Thought that title might catch your eye.  ;) This past week has been so awesome and we have been so blessed.....and a little lucky too I might add! 

First I have to say, that my husband is too good to me!  He spoils me and would do more if the funds were there. On that note, I have to tell you, he is a great bargain shopper like myself.  He stood in line at RC Willey on Black Friday and bought me a new dining table with four chairs.  Here's the funny part, he told me he didn't get it.  Okay, that's fine.....however, I have a really great friend that had an extra table (square like I wanted) and she gave it to me 2 days later.  I was glad to take it since we "didn't get the new one".  You can imagine how he felt when he found out about it....he kept his cool, didn't let on and I was completely in the dark.  On Christmas morning, I opened a box with a picture of the table and chairs!  But, he told me this "honey, I want you to sell it so you can buy your camera!" :D  So I did....yesterday!  :)  And on that note, I'm ordering my camera tomorrow! 

Next, we have a local station here Sunny 106.5 has been giving away trips to Long Beach, CA for two...hotel and airfare all week....I was listening and decided to call in.....I was the 6th caller!  I won!  I have never won anything like this before but it was very exciting!!! 

It's kind of small...but will serve the purpose.  They were all very excited to have it. 



And last, but certainly not least, my family is just the greatest! These guys braved the 34F to swing and play for a few minutes before the sun went totally behind the house. I love my boys but I will be honest, tomorrow I will be doing the happy dance after dropping everyone off at school!  :)  A much needed break from the chaos of the season.  :) 

This is going to be a great year!

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! You ARE lucky. Enjoy your trip! I can think of very few people who deserved to win that more than you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Happy New Year Nichol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby is just wonderful and you make such a lovely family, Nick!

    Congrats on your win, I hope you two have the best time ever, when you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky for sure!!! How fun to get your new camera too!!! So many people are getting great cameras like that... maybe one day I'll have to get brave and get a cool one too!!!
    On a side note... this is how awesome we are... our kids got a swing set LAST Christmas... and it is still in the box on the side of our house. Yeah... we rock!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...