Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Okay, I've decided to be better with the blogging this year. It's one of my goals. Life around the Hardy house is super crazy and I keep adding to the chaos without thinking. I think I will just focus on this blog for now, because 2 blogs is too much for me. I will just put everything on this lovely blog.....keepin it simple.

Well, we've been in our house now for just over a year and we really love it. Our ward is great and the neighborhood is great too! (That's a plus here). DH finally finished his Masters in Education in November and is "officially" under contract with the school district. Life is much better! I have a feeling something big is going to happen....it's too....quiet. Well, except the crazy boys running around blowing raspberries at each other and screaming. (I thought baths would calm everyone down....seems to have energized everyone.) That's next on my agenda tonight.

School is back in session....thank goodness. I really needed to get back on a regular schedule. Some days, like today, I wonder why I even homeschool. It would be so much easier to just send them all to school. Then I could do more selfish endeavors, but both Jared and I feel that it is the right thing to do for our kids. And he is a teacher...so, you know.

I learned how to make my first quilt this past summer and I am hooked! For Christmas I decided to make 6 quilts as gifts.....well, it started out with 1 for each of my boys....then it turned into 1 for each set of parents and 1 for a niece. I was literally binding my last one on Christmas Eve....I finished it at 4 pm! Yikes...talk about down to the wire. Jared made me promise not to do that again....I will keep that promise. However, the quilting bug bit me hard and I just want to keep it going. I was showing my quilts to this cute lady from my ward and next thing I know she was called as the councilor over "enrichment" well, now I am the one that is teaching the "quilting club".....wish me luck! :) Here are 5 of the 6 quilts I made for Christmas. The first one, green and yellow, was my first quilt this year! It was very fun! I am going to try and make some to sell...we'll see how that goes.

I will make the goal to blog at least once a week....so, this blog should have more info on it. As you can see, I was pretty tied up with some sewing projects. Now, I just have my bees and the fun stuff. Well, I'll post more later.... :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...