Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Fun Never Ends!

Well, happy Sunday everyone!  We had an eventful day...to say the least.  This morning, N. threw up 3 times so I stayed home with him from church....and Taylor stayed with us.  By noon he was running around and eating everything in site!  So, I figured he was okay to go to our family dinner at Mom and Dad's house.  All was well with him.....here's where the excitement comes into play.  

T. was tired of all the people and escaped out the front door......unnoticed by me and everyone else!  I realized that he wasn't in the room so I frantically searched the house and garage....he loves sitting in the cars in the garage.  I ran inside and told DH he isn't anywhere.  Instantly the nieces and nephews ran outside searching up and down the streets for our escaped dude!  He decided to get into someones truck bed and hang out.  My niece found him....on the next street over!  It was dark and there is a busy street near by the house!  I hate the panic that boy puts in my heart when he disappears like that.  

Upon returning to the house, everyone was suggesting different things we could do.  I think a medical ID bracelet would be a good idea, but it would have to be sautered together.  My sister in law suggested we use a sharpie and write his info on his wrist everyday, then someone suggest we use a address stamp on him!  Brilliant!!!  I just purchased and address self-inking stamp and he will have that stamped on his wrist everyday!  Boy, I'm so glad we found him.....it's terrifying to loose a child....and one that can't talk makes it worse.  

Needless to say, his socks are ruined and will be in the trash tomorrow!  He bolts in his socks!  He just started this running away business!  We installed hotel locks at the top of each exit door to our home to keep him IN.  Well, fun times!  

 :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank god you found him, how scarry! We put an alarm on our doors when my son was younger..he decided to drive his power jeep at 2 am, we heard a wierd noise outside and it was him. That is when the alarms went up. Thank god he never left the back yard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...